Clown Magazine



Clown Magazine© is part of the Clown Media Group© 2018

About Us     Contact Us     Privacy    Ads Choice



Advertise     Sponsorship   Jobs

Clown Magazine

Vinyl sales have increased by a whopping 1,472% since 2007, with 4.1 million sold in 2017, as reported by the BPI.

Many record companies both small and big release both new and music that was originally released on vinyl over forty years ago.

The quest for analogue is increasing as music listeners enjoy both the size and readability on vinyl covers, but also the ‘warm’ sound vinyl offers.

The total share of the music buying market stands at 3%, with streaming, downloads and CD’s accounting for the rest of the 97% of the music market.

"Vinyl is aspirational, collectible and has a high perceived value despite being generally affordable,” said Geoff Taylor, Chief Executive BPI & BRIT Awards.

With the passing of great artists such as;

• Amy Winehouse - Back to Back (5)

• David Bowie has three albums Legacy (10)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust (20)

Hunky Dory (30)

•Prince and the Revolution with Purple Rain (26)

all made the Top Forty Vinyl Charts.

Even Nirvana made two entries with Nevermind at 15 while Unplugged in New York was a few pegs below at number 18.

Even ex-Nirvana drummer made two entries with his group Foo Fighters - Greatest Hits (32) and Concrete & Gold (37 ).

We then move into areas where the most successful and influential groups are still rocking;

• The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (8)

Abbey Road (16)

• Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon ( 7)

Wish You Were Here (24 )

• Fleetwood Mac topped then all with Rumours hitting the third spot!  

Bob Marley and the Wailers made number 12 with Legend.

British groups that made entries were Queen, Radiohead, Gorillaz, Kasabian, Smiths, Oasis and both Liam and Noel Gallagher, Royal Blood, Stone Roses and the Arctic Monkeys.

For the full list of both Vinyl Album and Singles charts - visit the Official Charts.


“Vinyl fans like the size, readability and the ‘warm’ sound”

Facebook revenue shock increase